Sunday, October 18, 2009

Trent Reznor Marries Mariqueen Maandig


Out of all the stories that have made headlines this year, you might be suprised to hear what the biggest, most searched for story of 2009 on Slacker Chic is. It wasn't the about Gosselins, it wasn't about Britney, and it wasn't about Abdul quiting Idol. It was (are you ready?) the engagement of Trent Reznor to his girlfriend, Mariqueen Maandig, formerly of West Indian Girl. It seems the goths are not immune to a good bit of gossip now and again. Which is why it breaks my little heart to inform all of you NIN and Trent fans out there that the singer is officially off the market. Much to the disbelief of fans everywhere, the frontman went and married Mariqueen yesterday in a private ceremony for friends and family. No details were given regarding the ceremony, but Trent's close friend Danny Lohner posted the above pic on his twitter from the wedding, wishing the couple a big congratulations.
As for fans chances are they are taking it pretty harshly. Most have disliked Mariqueen from the word "go", hailing her as nothing more than a goldigging hanger-on that got lucky. In fact a majority of fans didn't think the engagement would last, and are most likely predicting an equally dim forecast for the marriage. Many have even gone so far as to diss Mariqueen's appearance, calling her ugly and not hot enough for Reznor. However I have to admit I think she's really gorgeous. Dark and dangerous-just like a woman should be! Perhaps she doesn't have a personality that is like roses and soft kittens on a cool spring day, but who the hell does? Ah well. I suppose time will tell if these two are in it for the long haul. In the meantime I realy wish someone could tell me if Trent serenaded the bride with "Ringfinger". I bet he did that secret sap. He probably even cried.
Oh, and this really made me lol. So true. So true...

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow, I love Trent. He is such a fabulous artist. NIN :) BTW yeah we should definitely exchange links. :)

A said...

LMAO love that pic! No hate from my end. Huge congrats to TR and Mariqueen. They'll have beautiful and talented children (if they decide to have any?)

Keith said...

My sis Stephanie told me about this. I was pretty shocked. I love NIN. I was really a huge fan back when I was younger. I wish him and his new bride the best.

Mrs. M. said...

I agree A-i bet they would have some beautiful, beautiful babies!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet