Thursday, November 5, 2009

Bad Lieutenant, Good Dress


Be still mah stars! If that dress Eva Mendes is wearing isn't the most sparkly, lovely, delicious thing I have seen in a long time! The actress attended the premiere of her new flick, "Bad Lieutenant" last night in Hollywood looking like a trillion bucks. I gotta tell you, Eva is probably one of my top five favorite fashionistas of all time. Although her style is not normally what I would gravitate towards it really suits her figure, skin tone and personality. In fact I know this might be a bold statement, but I definitely see her as our generation's Sophia Loren. If you don't believe me, allow me to introduce Exhibit A: (click smaller pic for larger version)










And Exhibit B:












Exhibit C:












Exhibit D:












Exhibit E:












I could continue, but you get my drift. Eva is practically Sophia incarnate! Her successor, if you will. Anyway back to the premiere. Aside from Eva three suprise guests poppoed up unexpectedly on the red carpet. First there was Jennifer Coolidge who I think we all know and love:

As well as Melanie Brown aka Scary Spice who showed up wearing a shirt as a dress. And not even a long shirt:

I don't know about you guys, but this is a trend I really wish would kick the bucket. Only me and the Olsens can get away with wearing a shirt as a dress because we are not full grown sized people. We have to buy shirts as dresses. Unless of course we want to look like a member of the Duggar clan. But I digress.
Finally the last guest was a bug shocker. Someone we haven't seen 'round these parts since she was made Slacker Chic of the Week a while back. That's right, it's my sister from another mister, Fairuza Balk:

She is just my little goth princess. I tell you, back when I was in high school and The Craft was popular I was told that I looked just like this chick every single day. I took it as a compliment, because in my eyes Fairuza's a majorly dope girl.
Anyway here's more Eva at her premiere looking fly as hell in that dress!

6 comments:

Megaan said...

Hello Sir,

I am very much impressed to your site . I have been maintaining this blog http://news-updations.blogspot.com/ to share the worldwide news information to everybody.

So If you could provide me a link to my blog, it will be much more useful for all user. It would be great pleasure if you can add this link http://news-updations.blogspot.com/ in your site so that it can benefit our visitors.

Our title is Current news updates

Your site contains so many other standard information which gives more knowledge. The presentation of the information is very nice and made the users to read it get the concepts in the right manner.

Hope you would add my blog.

Awaiting for your positive reply.


Thank you
With Regards,
Megaanaustin

Mrs. M. said...

i just hate it when people call me sir. mostly because i do not have a penis.

Carsi said...

ha, gotta love those spammers.
Eva is a living breathing Sophia Lauren clone, I hope she continues to pick out good projects and where oh where has Fairuza been, so happy to see her on the red carpet

Stephanie said...

Hey!!! I love Eva but hate that dress. I do like the way you compared her with Sophia Loren. She is one of my favorites. And absolutely breathtaking even now. :) I never realized how much they resembled until you put their pics side by side. How neat was that. :) Great blog post today, doll.

Keith said...

I love Eva. She's incredibly beautiful and stylish. I'm putting together a 30 women in their 30's list that I plan to post at some point on my Sugar & Spice blog. She's definitely in that list.

Watch Bad Lieutenant said...

They really are building the buzz to this movie with Eva Mendes.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet