Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Best and Worst Dressed for Glamour's Women of the Year Event


I have a confession to make: I wasn't even going to bother posting pics from Glamour Magazine's Women of the Year awards party last night until I saw that Little Orphan Zoe Kravitz was in attendance. If I don't post about our favorite little pretend homeless vagabond, then who the hell will?!? Besides, girlfriend always has the "I'm Over It" face, which gives me the warm and fuzzies. Us grouches have to stick together.
Anyways aside from LOZ last night was an extremely hot and cold moment for fashion. Those who looked good looked very, very good and those who looked bad looked effing horrid. I almost don't even want to make this a best and worst post because there were too many crimes of fashion to even bother. Take Kerry Washington for example. One of the prettiest chicas in Hollywood with one of the most enviable bodies out there and she hides it behind this giant sack of gross.


What a far cry from how she looked in "I Think I Love My Wife"! (Which I watched last weekend btw. Very good flick!) The snakeskin bag is cute though. Too bad the rest of her dress is coming apart on the red carpet. If you want to destroy her dress, woah, woah, woah, pull this thread as she walks away. Watch her unravel, she'll soon be naked on the red carpet, she comes undone...
Sadly that was not the worst of it though. Andie MacDowell showed up wearing this:

I don't even think I need to explain why this is bad. It just is. Extremely bad. Almost as bad as Katherine McPhee's hair. Bitch you are not Sharon Stone! Quit with the 50 year old helmet hair:

On the bright side, several ladies showed up with their A game, such as Stella McCartney whose streamlined look made her one of the night's best dressed:

Who knew she had legs for days?!? Gwyneth Paltrow better watch her ass, cause Stella is nipping at her Louboutins.
Also looking like a trillion buck was Iman, who oddly enough could pass for Katherine McPhee's younger sister at this point:

How ridiculous is that woman? And that dress! Freaking scrumtious.
Finally, and this one is way out of left field leaving no possible transition for me to smooth over into, guess who else showed up unexpectedly?


Vada Sultenfuss! I hear she was born jaundiced, and that once she sat on a toilet seat at a truck stop and caught hemorrhoids, and that she's having a salacious affair with a certain Mr. Bixler. That last sentence will probably only be funny to anyone who has seen My Girl. For those that haven't, nevermind.
The Rest:

1 comments:

Keith said...

There doesn't seem to be a lot to praise at this event. There have been a lot of fashion disasters at events lately it seems.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet