Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cannabis Alanis Has High Times


Well kids I'm not sure it gets any more Slacker Chic than this. Despite the backlash and angry finger pointing that it could cause, Alanis Morissette has decided to step out of the greenhouse and declare to the world that she is a loud and proud pot advocate. It all began 2 years ago when the now 35 year old singer hooked up with environmental lawyer Tom Ballanci. Not only did she find a soul mate, but she found a new cause. The singer sat down with High Times magazine to discuss everything from her relationship to her run on the hit show "Weeds" to her upcoming book. Here are a few excerpts from the interview. If you'd like to read more, simply click on the smaller pictures for the full sized article.
-----
On if she cares about the backlash she received from guest staring on "Weeds": "No, and I wouldn't be receptive to it anyway. When I say yes to certain things, it's just such an unequivocal yes that I'm really not open to it. I don't really need to have anyone's feedback other than from the people I love in my life. And they're all celebrating it!"
On her relationship with Tom and her other pothead pals: "I've always resonated with people who are on the front lines, who are pioneers-being in virgin snow. I've always felt that way about Tom and about the community about him-Woody Harrelson, Alicia Silverstone. I have a lot of friends around me who are very courageous and willing to "come out"-and Tom is definitely beyond the front lines."
On tips to cultivating bountiful crops: "Um let's see...love your plants, talk to your plants-they are listening!"
On her upcoming as-yet untitled book: "I'm in the middle right now. It's not a memoir It's a combination of philosophy, anecdotes and essays, tons of Q&A, photographs-you can read it in a very linear way, or you can open it up anywhere and kind of go to town."
------
I know you guys probably won't, but I would love to hear your thoughts on the legalization of marijuana. Personally I think it's nowhere near as destructive or endangering as alcohol. And while I can understand people's objection and fear to making it legal, I don't think anyone can deny that legalizing it would really help alleviate some of the enormous national deficit. Not to mention the fact that denying it to the deathly ill like cancer patients is cruel and unusual. All recreational purposes aside, there are many, many, many AIDS and cancer patients that suffer horrible pain and unbearable nausea that renders them unable to eat anything or have a moment's peace. The fact that they are denied a proven temporary remedy for any reason seems like punishment. Marijuana is natural and should absolutely be used in my opinion at the very least for extreme medicinal purposes.
And on a completely superficial note, how amazing does Alanis look in the above picture? Gorgeous!

1 comments:

Pina Colada Kisses said...

She looks a lot better now than she use to
Check out my fashion blog
http://pinacoladakisses.blogspot.com/

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet