Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fat or Phat?: The Jewel Edition


And now it's time to play Fat or Phat, with your host, Mrs. M. Today the lucky contestant is Jewel, who was snapped by paps in Miami yesterday showing off her 35 year old body in a cute purple bikini. Personally I did not think twice about her physique so imagine my suprise when I saw tons of people calling her fat and claiming that the singer had no business baring her middle. Now back in the day (let's say the 1940's for arguments sake) Jewel's body would be considered hotter than hot. Why, I recall seeing more than hundreds of beauty queen hopefuls from that era and nearly all of them looked like this if not slightly plumper. Jewel cannot be more than 120lbs and certainly appears to be in good shape. Trust me, I'm kind of a hard ass on myself and the second I start gaining weight you better believe my butt is on the treadmill and eating lettuce for dinner. So it's not as if I'm making excuses for Jewel to make myself feel better. I truly do in my heart of hearts think she looks amazing and in no way would consider her to be fat. She just looks healthy and happy. I'm dying to know what you guys think though. And tell the truth! Do you consider Jewel and her bikini body to be fat or phat?

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think she is PHAT not the other way. She is gorgeous. Big deal if she is curvy. I would so much rather see her curvy than her ribs poking out. To me now that is gross (Lindsey Lohan).

Mrs. M. said...

me too but i wouldnt even say she is curvy. Jewel has always been skinny in my eyes. She's just not deathly like Lindsay as you mentioned.

thischicksgotstyle said...

Pretty pretty!

leahb said...

SHE'S HOT! Def phat with a p.

Keith said...

I think she looks fantastic. Nothing wrong with her body at all. People need to get their heads examined if they think she's fat.

Mrs. M. said...

i'm glad you guys agree. as distorted as body image has become i swear sometimes i think no one has a healthy idea of what it just means to be content anymore. i mean, its not enough that Jewel is talented and rich and seems like a dope individual? She looks so happy in that picture that I can't believe anyone would want to squish that joy.

Anonymous said...

she looks pretty and healthy

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet