Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fat or Phat: The Mariah Carey Edition


Ok so in an attempt to not be redundant and give the same rhetorical speech I gave the other day on
Jewel's bikini body, I'll just say this: Here is Mariah Carey shooting scenes for her latest video, "H.A.T.E.U". Naturally people are saying that the diva looks like a fatty fatty fat fat because they are a bunch of hateful haters who are unhappy with themselves and have to throw poor little Mariah under the butterfly bus to boost their self esteem. Anyone who has been conscious throughout the last decade knows that Mariah, like Oprah, has been riding the weight gain train. One minute she's a skinny mini and the next she's got more curves than Marilyn. But while Mariah used to shroud herself in Spanx since she got hitched to Nick Cannon it seems she has grown more comfortable with her figure. Sure she'll always squeeze into clothing two sizes too small no matter how much she weighs (much like Britney Spears), but it's cool to see her accept that this is the figure God gave her and just be happy with it. After all, I know millions of women would kill to have a body like hers. Mariah may have been a twig during her "Vision of Love" days, but she's in her 30's now. She's got a grown woman body and looks healthy to me. But what do you guys think of Mariah's physique? Do you consider her to be Fat or Phat?
Also, because I just have to ask, who the hell goes swiming in silk? I think that should be the real issue here. Aside from velvet there could not be an ickier, more inconvient fabric to get wet. I'm just saying.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dont think she's fat at all. Shes just so tacky...

Keith said...

I think she's beautiful no matter how many pounds she's got on her.

leahb said...

Curvy but not fat. I think that swimsuit looks horrible, though...

Selmyra said...

fat ! she should work out lil bit :)

Maggie said...

I think shes curvey but a few more pounds and she is officially fat. If shes going to embrace this shape she should wear the clothes for it.

Mrs. M. said...

you guys are all so right-that freakin swinsuit looks dreadul on her. I don't know why she insists on squeezing into clothes that are far too small for her. WHen will people learn that doesn't make you look any thinner!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet