Monday, November 2, 2009

Kate Hudson is Talks Girlfriends, Botox and A-Rod with December's UK Elle


The Daily Mail dubbed this editorial of a greased up Kate Hudson for December's UK Elle as "raunchy", but I have to politely disagree. I don't think there's anything raunchy or out there about this shoot at all. In fact, I'm really pleased with the more upscale, edgy direction Harper's has been going in lately. Why I'd say they are even giving W, the current gold standard for all things fash, a run for their millions. After all, they are the ones who popularized this whole contorted poses, covered in oil, look like the love child between Naomi Campbell and Bruce Jenner sexy sports thing. Elle can't help it if they're getting good at perfecting the craft.

Anyway here are a few excerpts and pics from the mag which hits newstands on Wednesday. What do you guys think of a more edged out Kate? Do we like it or do we prefer her as the flowers in her hair, devil may care hippie Earth child we've grown to know and love her as?
Elle Subscription
On having to lose weight for her latest role:
‘I love my glass of wine. I love tequila. To be in New York for two weeks and not have one beverage, I’m not sure I’ve ever done that!’
On being pro-botox: ‘Everyone’s so obsessed with who gets Botox, but it’s great! Are you kidding? The fact that women can avoid going under the knife and get a little Botox treat and not have to worry about it? I’m glad it’s there for when it’s time.’
On those marriage rumors to boyfriend Alex Rodriguez: 'I hear about this and I’m like “Why would I even respond? What would I say if you’re going to lie about something ridiculous? And if you really did your job, you’d look at the pictures taken that day and realise [the ring] was on my right hand.’
On being a girl's girl: ‘I love being a girl. I love clothes and I love the rituals of facials and body treatments, all the stuff girls get, make-up, scarves, hats. And we’re like a tribe. That’s just our nature. You get a group of women together and, somehow, we keep it together. I love that we can be that powerful, as a group. Men, you know, it’s survival of the fittest.

3 comments:

Sasha said...

ok wow...the top pic is fkn hot !!!

Stephanie said...

OMG, Kate looks fab. :)

Keith said...

These are some fantastic photos of Kate. I love them.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet