Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Slacker Chic of the Week: Alison Mosshart


Yesterday I wasn't sure who this week's Slacker Chic of the Week should be. So I took to twitter, asked for help and received a phenomenal nomination for this week's chosen chica. In fact, when Coletta from Bitchy Survivor Blog suggested Alison Mosshart of The Kills/Dead Weather, I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of her before! Between her lazy, just thrown on rock star style, sweet riffs and devil may fuck off attitude, Alisson is textbook slacker chic. Not only that, but she's everything I'm inspired by right now as I write my new novel, Sexy & Dangerous. Alison is dust and guns, cigarettes and motorcycles, dirty boots, blues, bars and beers. In other words, she's the perfect woman. Good looking out Coletta!
Now here's the point whereI would normally do a little write up on Alison, highlighting her acheivements and going into detail on why she kicks butt. However while while collecting pictures for this post I stumbled across a sit down she had with Interview magazine not too long ago. In the feature, the writer gives a description so telling of Alison that I thought I would simply leave you with his evaluation, and let you come to your own conclusions.
"...she arrives with bangs covering her face and a cigarette hanging from her lips. She takes a menthol drag and lets out a loud, phlegmy treble cough, a sound an acute Kills fan might recognize as an opening note of the tune “Cheap and Cheerful,” in which Mosshart begs: “I want you to be crazy ’cause you’re stupid, baby, when you’re sane”...









Once in a while you got to burn your house down, keep your dreaming alive.

2 comments:

Emiline said...

awesome!

Keith said...

I don't really know much about her so this was a very awesome post.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet