Thursday, November 19, 2009

Slacker Chic of the Week: Melanie Laurent


I'm going to be honest with you: A week ago I had no idea who Melanie Laurent was. However I took to my twitter to ask your advice on who should be crowned this week's Slacker Chic of the Week and the talented, awesomlicious Lindsay Monroe came through with the spectacular recommendation of Melanie and boy, am I glad she did.
Not only has the French actress stared in over 24 movies at age 26 (with two more in the works), but she is a muse to my hero, Quentin Tarantino, and made her U.S. film debut in last year's smash hit, "Inglorious Basterds". (I feel like a Tarantraitor because I haven't seen it, but seeing as how I basically have a movie theatre in my house I refuse to pay $16 to sit in sticky seats) Not only that, but Melanie's style is easy, effortless, approachable, and text book slacker chic, making her the perfect candidate for this week's winner and an actress to definitely watch out for. I'm sure she'll be hot on the heels of Marion Cotillard as America's favorite Frenchwoman in no time.
Also, I love to hear from you guys regarding the selection of Slacker Chic of the Week, so feel free to hit me up with any and all suggestions. You guys have the best taste, and I would love to hear your imput as to who you would like to see as the future SCOTWs. Don't be shy!





Quel est "Slacker Chic"? Ceci est:

3 comments:

Keith said...

She looks fantastic. I had not heard of her. I love French cinema, but somehow she's escaped me. I love Tarantino films, but I haven't seen his latest yet. I also wait until DVD.

Mrs. M. said...

me either! I plan to be the first in line to pick it up on blu-ray the second it comes out. (Providing of course that im not snowed in, a common problem here in upstate)

Daners Isadora is Lindsay's Spy Girl Name said...

Yay!!!! I've been in LA, so I didn't get to see this til now!!!!!! I love this chick so very much :) I knew she'd fit in

Ooo, and I got your email and I'll reply to it once my guests leave and I can properly sit and type :)

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet