Thursday, December 17, 2009

First Look at Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning in "The Runaways"


Unlike the corneal terror I just received thanks to the new Madonna ads for D&G, my eyes are more than delighted to feast themselves upon this new still for the upcoming Kristen Stewart/Dakota Fanning film, "The Runaways". In case you haven't heard, the movie will focus on Joan Jett, Lita Ford, Cherie Currie and their kick ass girlband from the 70's, "The Runaways". Not only am I supersupersuper excited to see this movie because it focuses on my favorite things (aviators, dust, the 70's, bad ass bitches, wedges, etc.), but it will provide an opportunity to introduce an entirely new musical catalog to a brand new generation of girls. The Runaways play a very, very important part in our musical culture, and should be recognized for their incredible contribution to rock n roll. Were it not for those women paving the way, who knows if bands like L7, Heart, or The Donnas would have ever made it. Not only did they set the stones for the women that came after them, but they did so when they were barely out of high school. Now that's some inspiration.
In closing, I cannot wait to see this movie, and that picture is everything I love and am inspired by at the moment. Oh, and Dakota was the PERFECT choice to play Cherie.
Anyway here's the official trailer for the flick. I am peeing mah pants to see this movie, ya'll:

Down the street I'm the girl next door, the fox that you've been waiting for...


Baby Joan Jett




For larger version, clicky clicky

4 comments:

Aliers said...

I am so excited for this movie!!!

Keith said...

I'm so ready to see this movie.

Mrs. M. said...

one of my girlfriends went to get her hair cut yesterday and told the chick that she wanted a shag similar to Joan Jett's do and can you believe the girl didnt know who Joan Jett was?!? That should be illegal! They should really teach kids about JJ in history class.

The Hunter said...

Can't wait to c this, Dakota looks amazing!! :)

The Hunter xox

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet