Friday, December 11, 2009

Jennifer Garner Talks Girlfriends, Motherhood and Marriage with W Magazine


I've got to be honest with you guys: I like Jennifer Garner and all, but she is about as exciting to me as a dry piece of stale toast. On one hand I respect her ability to keep her private life out of the glaring eye of the media. On the other hand I'm sort of convinced that she has robotic tendencies. Just think about it: have you ever seen her cry? Lose her temper? Exhibit any kind of human emotion whatsoever? Girlfriend kind of reminds me of Christian Bale's character in "Equilibrium". You know, before he stopped taking his mind control medicine. Nevertheless I thought you guys might enjoy seeing some new pics of the mom and actress from the latest issue of W Magazine. Inside Jenn discusses her love for the Barefoot Contessa, her girlfriends and not wanting to work with Ben:
On trying to use her celebrity to meet the Barefoot Contessa: “I know somebody who is a friend of hers, and she says she’s going to get us together. I tried to get on Ina’s show. I tried to use my, well, you know…I say, use what you have to make the world better or for yourself! But eventually she just said, ‘I’m sorry, I only use my real friends on the show.’ I felt like, What are you saying? That we’re not friends? I know everything about you!”
On her day-to-day life: "...getting the kids up and fed, getting one to school, getting the other down for a nap, going to the grocery store, picking one up from school, getting the other one down for another nap, cooking dinner. I live my life at these two extremes. I’m either a full-time stay-at-home mom or a full-time actress.”
JJ Abrams on JGarner's star qualities: “She has incredible charisma, a wonderful smile, she’s gorgeous without being phony-looking, and she has a great, smart sense of humor. My wife was always saying, ‘Oh, my God, she’s going to be a star. You better do a show for her.’ And when I came up with Alias, she was pretty much the only person I had in my head. Before we cast her, there were people who questioned: ‘Is she tough enough? Is she sexy enough?’ Two minutes later she was on the cover of every magazine, and no one was saying those things anymore.”
On NOT wanting to work with husband Ben Affleck: “I think he’s brilliant at what he does, but why rock the boat? It works between us pretty well the way it is. I don’t know if I want to go to work with him. I’d be like, ‘Okay already, you got the shot. Let’s go home!’”
Bradley Cooper on Jennifer's maternal nature: “She was one of the first people I met when I stepped onto Los Angeles soil,” he recalls. “And she was very maternal, even then. She wanted to take care of me, make sure I was okay all the time. The first time I saw her, I was in the production office when we were shooting the pilot, and this girl comes in, glowing. She had just baked cookies, which she was offering to me, and I was like, That is who’s playing Sydney Bristow?”
On what she misses most while on location: “I miss my girlfriends! That’s the hardest thing about being on location when it’s not for your own project. When it’s for you, you’re on set with everybody you know, but if not, it’s lonely. I can live with Ben working crazy hours. But I can’t live without girlfriends around to talk about men with!” she says with a laugh. “It’s fine if he’s not there; I just need someone to bitch about it to!”

4 comments:

MrJeffery said...

i usually think she's kind of boring but i LOVE these pics. esp the dress on the cover. thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

Jen Garner is the ultimate girl next door. She is just so adorable. :) Love her cute little romantic comedies. ;)

Keith said...

I do understand what you mean about Jen. I do think she's beautiful.

walrus studio said...

I love Jen because is so down to earth and you can tell she is the best mom and loves her kids so much.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet