Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Madonna's Italian Inspired New Shoot for Dolce & Gabbana


Ok I'm going to be honest with you and give it to you guys straight like I always do, so here goes: I hate these new Spring/Summer 2010 Dolce & Gabbana ads featuring Madonna. Actually, hate is a strong word. Perhaps they might be better if I could get beyond the totally fuckery that is going on with the Queen of Pop's face-if in fact that's who it really is. I'll admit I'm not Madge's biggest fan (a conflicting fact that disturbs the fag hag within), but I don't recall her cheekbones being on her forehead and having less wrinkles than I do. I mean, for such a strong willed, independent and confident woman she sure does get a lot of damn plastic surgery.
All Jocelyn Wildenstein comparisons aside, these ads do look very summer in Italy. Appropriate since they are making their grand debut in this week's Italian edition of Vanity Fair. In the feature, Stefano Gabbana discusses the campaign and why Madonna was the perfect match: "She loved the collection," he says, "...she is passionate and impressively knowledgeable about Italian cinema." When asked as to whether Madonna knows how to wash dishes, Stefano Gabbana replies "Certainly...she's a very practical woman..." And does she actually eat spaghetti despite her most enviable figure? "Of course, says Stefano, and she can allow herself to with all the exercise she does!"
Yeah. And to quote the great poet lore Wayne Campbell, "Psha. And monkies might fly out of my butt."

3 comments:

Keith said...

I was once such a big fan of Madonna. She has gotten to where she's been looking really bad over the years. Plus her music sucks big time these days.

Mrs. M. said...

I agree-I would take any version of the earlier Madonna over anything she's put out since 2000. Erotica and Ray of Light Madonna are definitely my favorites musically and stylewise.

ChicChickory said...

I think her and Sharon Stone have been taking the same plastic surgery field trips together. Is it me, or do they look like clones of each other these days?

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet