Monday, December 7, 2009

Natalie Portman Gets Earthy for Marie Claire


I think it's safe to say that Natalie Portman always looks incredible, but I'd say the actress looks especially so in her brand new spread for the upcoming issue of Marie Claire. Perhaps what I like best about these pictures (aside from the fact that Natalie looks like an adorable little unicorn riding elfen fairy woodland creature in a magical forest) is that they are so green and springy! It is a cold and snowy day here in NY, so seeing a bit of foliage is a welcome change.
Anyway, here are a few excerpts from the actress' interview with the mag as well as her photos and behind the scenes shots. On a seperate note, is anyone else as psyched as I am to see her new movie "Brothers"? It looks like it is going to be amazing. Then again you can always count on Natalie's films to bring home the goods.
On her rumored affair with Sean Penn: "He's obviously someone I'm friends with," she says. "I mean, not 'hey, wassup?' friends, but we were all on the [Cannes 2008] jury together—Alfonso [CuarĂ³n] and Marjane [Satrapi]—and we had a really great time, and then...It was one of those things where you're like, 'Oh, my God! I'm that person who's caught in this shitty rumor brigade.' You can't win. You don't say anything and everyone's like, 'It's true.' You say something, and you're keeping the story alive. It's bad, bad news."
On being a responsible child star: "OK, so I didn't really go to high school parties," she says, "and yeah, I didn't touch pot till I was in my 20s. I didn't get flat-out drunk until I went to college. But I think that's a good thing in many ways."
On getting to dress fancy for the red carpet: "I've always been the lucky one with the Cinderella-ness of getting to borrow something awesome. Of course, I gave it back afterward."

5 comments:

MrJeffery said...

love the dress on the cover!

Stephanie said...

I love her green hat. It is too cute. I just got my Marie Claire in the mail so I am so excited to get it read. :) Hope you have a wonderful day, darling. :)

Keith said...

These are such gorgeous photos. I love Natalie. She's one of my crushes. I can't wait to check out Steph's Marie Claire when she's done. :-)

ChicChickory said...

Was it just me, or was she a bit annoying on Top Chef? Did anyone else catch that? By the way, My "cousin-in-law", Michael V. is in the final three...Woo-Hoo! Go Mike, you cocky bastard! ;)

Miss_Scarlett said...

she always looks so cute and she seems like a little girl, even though shes close to her 30s! love natalie no matter what.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet