Saturday, December 5, 2009

Taylor Swift is a Doll in NY Times T Syle Magazine


Let me just start by saying that I love (LOVE) this new editorial of Taylor Swift in NY Times T Style Magazine. Unlike, say, Britney's Rolling Stone covers where she dressed as a provocative school girl when she was just a wee lil lass, I think this spread is ironic without pushing that whole Lolita thing. Or, in more simpler terms, girlfriend does not look ho-ish. It's broken down babydoll and it's delicious. I also love how Taylor is making it acceptable for a whole new crop of kids to love and appreciate country music. Although I am not a fan of the genre, it's always cool to see someone opening new doors and breaking boundaries. I know there has been a lot of blah-blah about how Taylor is too young to get the mad props she has been receiving, but there is a lot to be said for a girl that has opened up an entire generation to a new form of art. Say what you will, but that's one hell of an accomplishment in my eyes.
Anyway, enough high fives for Taylor. At this point you're well aware of what she's accomplished. Let's focus on something new. Like these pics:

6 comments:

Iva said...

she looks super adorable!

Nia said...

I love the high fashion aspect of this shoot.

www.tastythreads.blogspot.com

B a la Moda said...

I can not love her more. She is so beautiful and sweet.
xoxo
B* a la Moda

Chasing Cherries said...

Amazing editorial!! She looks so beautiful! I love the one wear she's wearing the green dress!

Keith said...

I'm not a big fan of hers, but I do like these photos a lot.

daisychain said...

wow she looks amazing.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet