Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Beyonce is Foxy and Fashionable for February's Allure


First off, let me say that Michael Thompson, the photographer that shot this editorial of Beyonce for the February issue of Allure, is a freakin' genius. While it's true that he has photographed some of the most beautiful, magnetic women in the world (such as Britney, Christina and JLo), he is known for having this magical ability to capture his subjects in an entirely new light. In the case of Britney, Michael had chosen to style her in edgier, more provacative manner, while on the flipside the photographer softened up the usually glamtastic Sarah Jessica Parker for her "Lovely" scent ads. Staying true to form, Michael is (mostly) showing off a different side of Beyonce for the latest issue of Allure. Sporting spirally curls and a more bohemian style of dress, the singer/actress extraordinare appears more funky than we're used to seeing her. In fact, she kind of looks like her "Austin Powers" character Foxy Cleopatra might look if she lived in the present day. Personally, I think this is some groovy business, and I love the shots. Then again, it's Beyonce. I'm not so sure the woman even has it in her bones to take a bad picture. I'm pretty sure if she did, the Earth would fall off it's axis.

4 comments:

MissNeira said...

she looks great! I love when she has her natural hair..hate when its straight..love the fro!

Miss_Scarlett said...

i adoooore that first pic with her hair that wild, shes a beautiful woman and should wear her natural hair as curly as it is ;)

Eri said...

Hi there,

I just came across your blog and really enjoyed it! Very cool.

Please come and visit me too!

I hope to see you soon.

ChicChickory said...

Okay...I need that dress/shirt/whatever it is...I gotta have it!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet