Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Vanity Fair Names Little Orphan Zoe One to Watch


When it comes to Hollywood, there are many, many actors and actresses that I consider to be among my faves. Scarlett Johansson naturally ranks as my numero uno, but can you guess who follows closely behind her? If you have been a regular reader of Slacker Chic, you'd know that Zoe Kravitz aka Little Orphan Zoe had long ago stolen second place in my heart. Her raggamuffin clothes, the IDGAF hair, the cool indie band, the hip parents, the grounded personality-LOZ is just all around cool. However, while she may have obtained my adoration ages ago, Vanity Fair is is just jumping on the bandwagon.
For their latest issue, the mag has named six young actresses who they consider to be the Women To Watch For In 2010. Aside from LOZ, Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens, Isabel Lucas, Amber Heard, and Lily Collins all made the list. But LOZ is all I really care about, so here's what they had to say about our girl:
Zoë Kravitz
The arty little tattoos, the rings on every finger, the cool confidence packed into a size 0—Zoë Kravitz couldn’t have been conceived by anybody but rocker Lenny Kravitz and actress Lisa Bonet. Raised in Los Angeles and then New York, Kravitz landed an agent right out of school (Rudolf Steiner), because, as she admits, “word was out that Lenny’s daughter wanted to act.” Cut to small roles in No Reservations and The Brave One.“ Now it’s on me,” says Zoë, who fronts a rock band and stars in three upcoming films: Yelling to the Sky, about a girl growing up in a tough New York neighborhood; a dark high-school film called Beware the Gonzo; and Joel Schumacher’s Twelve, about fast-living Upper East Side rich kids. “We’re basically bumbling idiots. Rich, pathetic excuses for human beings,” she says. Having had a ringside seat to all that’s rock ’n’ roll, Kravitz couldn’t be more repelled by young people acting stupid. “I’m so close to my parents. I get it. They’d smack the hell out of me if I ever became a cokehead.”
So would I, LOZ. So would I.

0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet