Thursday, February 11, 2010

Alexander McQueen Found Dead


The BBC has confirmed that British designer Alexander McQueen, the most brilliant designer ever to have walked the face of the planet, was found hanged. The 40-year-old was found dead in his luxury flat in Green Park, London at 10:20 today. His death comes just three days after the death of his mother, Joyce and just days before the start of London Fashion Week and weeks before he was due to unveil his new collection at Paris Fashion Week on March 9. A source at McQueen’s office confirmed his death to the Daily Mail, saying: "It is a tragic loss. We are not making a comment at this time out of respect for the McQueen family."
The designer, who is known for his eclectic style, has been a trailblazer in the fashion industry. Not only did he just name ANTM winner Nicole Fox as the first petite model to headline a major label's campaign, but he famously tapped Olympian and parapeligic Aimee Mullins to walk his runway back in 1999. McQueen was a visionary. A true original and a champion of the misfits. He embraced what made him different and encouraged his fans to do the same. His legacy will live on forever and he will surely be missed by many-Especially me. In my humble opinion, this is the greatest loss the fashion world has ever endured. We'll never know what would have been.
R.I.P. Alexander. Love you forever. Forget you never.

5 comments:

Emily said...

This is the saddest news I've heard in a while. I feel sorta the way I felt when I heard Heath Ledger died, just in total shock.

Mrs. M. said...

me too. my husband is like "oh you'll get over it", but he doesn't get it! No one has or will ever have the same vision as McQueen. The man was an artist and a genius, and we'll never know what else would have been.

MrJeffery said...

so awful.

Carsi said...

this is so sad, I heard the news and my heart stopped a little. He was a true visionary

daisychain said...

R.I.P.
such a tragic loss of an incredible talent.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet