Saturday, February 6, 2010

Anne Hathaway Talks Alice in Wonderland in March's GQ


Pardon me if I can't think of anything clever to say regarding this new editorial of Anne Hathaway for GQ. I'm too busy picking my jaw up off the floor for my brain to be even remotely functional. If you ask me (and you haven't, but I'm going to tell you anyway), Anne is easily one of the hottest actresses alive. Her body, her beauty and her brains make her a lethal combination both onscreen and off, and certainly an actress whose movies I enjoy seeing.
Speaking of which, Anne's next film, "Alice in Wonderland" isn't slated to be released until March 5th, but the actress is already spilling some details on the long awaited blockbuster. For instance, did you know that Anne was originally offered the role of Alice but turned it down? In her interview with GQ, Anne tells the mag that "The studio had the 'Alice' script a long time ago and I was approached back then for the part of Alice. I considered it, but felt, what with 'The Princess Diaries', that I had been there, done that sort of pretty-girl-in-a-fairy-dress role." But despite her feelings on playing the title character, Anne says she was more than interrested in getting involved with the project. "I told the studio however, that if they find a director eventually, that I would be interested at a later date in playing the White Queen." However, she admitted Tim Burton, who took on the directorial job, didn't want her in the role. She told GQ: "When Tim came on board he had the cast he wanted and, of course, that didn't include me. I talked on the phone to Tim and he really liked my take. I wanted the Queen to be a cross between Debbie Harry, Greta Garbo, David Bowie, with a little bit of the work of Dan Flavin throwin in for good measure. A sort of psychotic bunny rabbit."
Honestly, between Anne, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Crispin Glover and Tim Burton, Alice in Wonderland is sure to be *dare I say it?!?* one of the best films of the decade.

5 comments:

Carsi said...

so beautiful, if she and Scarlett ever did a movie together my head would explode

Jennifer Fabulous said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting this. I am one of the hugest Anne fans ever. :)

She is so gorgeous and I am so excited for Alice in Wonderland to come out. Its funny she was offered the role and turned it down. When I first heard about this movie, I immediately thought Anne was playing Alice. Ah well, I'm looking forward to her take on the White Queen. Especially since she's playing it like a psychotic bunny rabbit. Lol.

Miss Eve said...

Oh she's so stunning and very sexy! She always plays such classic ladylike characters in movies but when I seen her dancing scene in The Bride's War, I realized she's super HOT. Lol. Love her!

Hope you having a lovely Sunday, cheers: Evi

Chasing Cherries said...

Beautiful pictures! She's gorgeous!

AH said...

i love anne! beautiful pics too!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet