Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Fab and the Fug from the Annual Elle Style Awards


Miss any of the coverage of last night's Elle Style Awards? Never fear my kittens! Mrs. M is here to give you the lowdown on the bash without any (ok, minimal) of that pesky verbalization I'm so fond of. So who were your hits and misses? Don't forget to share your thoughts on the fab and fug in the comments below!

Olivia Palmero in Matthew Williamson and a orange alligator clutch that clearly does not contain any protein bars

Paloma Faith obviously trying to fill the void that Isabella Blow left in the fashion industry

Alexa Chung wearing Chanel and trying so hard to prove how hard she doesn't try to "look cool and hipster".

Leona Lewis wearing Alexander McQueen and looking like the chicest "Cigar? Cigarrette?" girl ever. Also giving Dita Von Teese a run for her martini.

Agyness Deyn in House of Holland. All I want to know is how many innocent Furbies died to make this abomination? It hardly seems worth it.

Grandma Hotmess Claire Danes shaming the Burberry Prorsum name. Brush that hair, babe! The wind tunnel is SO 1984.

Naomi Campbell in Alexander McQueen. I want to say something about how pretend depressed she is since the designer's death, but I fear doing so would result in the loss of my life. Or at the very least, concussion by cell phone.

Nicola Roberts in Vanessa Bruno making the albino ginger inside of me so very, very proud. Way to rep for the ginges!

And finally, no post would be complete without the notorious bitchface of my fellow grumpy girl Kristen Stewart (shown here in Emilio Pucci). God I love this girl. Sourface and all!

4 comments:

Hannah said...

omg i love your description of alexa, classic!

rachel said...

I think Naomi might actually look hot without that fur... but yes, lips closed or you'll fear for your life.

ChicChickory said...

Good Lord! Did Olivia Palmero have her organs sucked out? Eat, Olivia, Eat! I can't say I was loving any of those looks sadly. No envy here.

AH said...

olivia and alexa looked great! or, at least their outfits did, as they're both practically coat-hangers..

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet