Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Katy Perry is Sweet and Sassy for Nylon


I have a confession to make: When Katy Perry first stepped onto the scene with her smash hit "I Kissed a Girl", I thought she was a mass marketed, pre-constructed, silly little songstress who was trivalizing gay relationships. I found her song to be offensive because it seemed to be an athemn of "Be pretend gay and boys will pay attention to you", rather than a simple song about exploring the bounds of your own sexuality. I mean, for God's sake, all we need are more misguided teenage girls exploiting their blossoming womanhood and acting like teen trollops. However, as time has passed I've come to see Ms. Perry in a different light. Her wacky antics and penchant for mischeif has led me to believe that "I Kissed a Girl" was nothing more than a fun, simple, innocent song. So now, despite my previous fear and loathing, I will readily admit that while I still may not gravitate towards Katy's music, I do find her to be agreeable, beautiful, and even kind of enchanting.
Let it never be said that I am a woman who cannot admit when she is wrong.
Anyihavenotransitionintothisnextparagraph, Katy can currently be seen looking super sweet and sassy for the March edition of Nylon. Not only do I love these photos, but their light colors and shades are making me miserable for spring. And more importantly, how effing envyworthy are those studded DSquared stillettos?!? If I was a shoe, I would definitely be those shoes.

4 comments:

Isquisofrenia said...

yeah , thats who she is!
i love the bangs

Fashion Wh0re said...

Hahaha your soo funny...everytime i read your blog it always make me laugh...Katy Perry looks great..is this for March Nylon??

Mrs. M. said...

sure is! I normally don't love their spreads, but this issue looks a lot more appealing than usual.

MrJeffery said...

kind of over her.

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet