Friday, February 26, 2010

Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter Make "Alice in Wonderland" a Family Affair


Only here at Slacker Chic would Helena Bonham Carter make the best dressed list! The phenomenal female (whom we affectionately refer to as HB(I)C) attended last night's red carpet premiere of "Alice in Wonderland" with her husband Tim Burton and their son Billy and I gotta say, ain't nothing wrong with the way this woman looks. She has her own style, her own gig, and doesn't give one flying eff whether you or I approve of her shenanigans-Which is probably why she was millimeters away from stealing the title of Slacker Chic of the Year away from Katherine Moennig back in December. When it comes to HB(I)C you guys, much like myself, seem to really gravitate towards Helena's fearless choices. Whether it's her movie roles or style, HBIC always does what she wants, when she wants, and that's why we love her. And don't even get me started on the unbelievable genius that is Tim Burton. I can only begin to imagine what goes on inside his cranium. If I've said it once I've said it a million times: If they sold tickets inside his mind ala "Being John Malkovich", I'd be first in line for that ride. The man is madness and utterly irreplaceable. Quite frankly, I feel priviledged to live during his time, as Burton's film will surely go down in cinimatic history as works of art.
And on a completely irrelevant note, why was Anne Hathaway the only one at that premiere that can hold her own damn umbrella? They're called arms. Use them.


0 comments:

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet