Monday, March 22, 2010

There is an Acid Washed Denim Situation Developing...


Jessica Alba was spotted strolling the streets of her hood yesterday wearing what would typically be considered the fashion faux paux of the century: acid washed denim cutoffs. Why, I don't think I have seen such a brilliant execution of denim debacles since this stud stepped on the scene:

In all seriousness though, I think I might need to rush to my local emergency room to get my head checked, because I actually think this look is...cute. There's something kind of South Beach meets Shady Acres retirement community that gives this surfer girl casual look a hint of charm. Then again, maybe it's my nostalgia for all those "Saved By the Bell" episodes I used to watch as a kid. I mean, I DID grow up during a time when this was the look:

I don't know. I'm relying on you guys to render the verdict on this one. When it comes to acid washed, is the denim a Do or a Don't? And more importantly, would you wear this trend?

3 comments:

AH said...

no no no no! acid washed jeans/cutoffs/anything are just wrong!

Carsi said...

I'm on the fence with this look too I know for sure I couldn't do it but respect to those confident enough to go out try it; whether it actually looks good or not

LENORENEVERMORE said...

these aren't so bad...I've seen worst! I can't take it~

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet