Thursday, April 1, 2010

Jennifer Aniston Talks Brits, Botox and the Power of Women

Photobucket
Once upon a time there was a beautiful actress named Jennifer Aniston. She was charming, talented, and had a body most women would commit first degree murder to obtain. Yes, Jenny had it all-including the ability to make the entire world feel sorry for her through no real fault of her own. You see, no matter how many movies Jennifer makes (such as her most recent flick, "The Bounty Hunter"), or how wealthy she remains, the very sight of Jenny will always make me tilt my head with sympathy and mutter an empathetic "Awww!" Nevertheless I enjoy her movies and do like seeing her in magazines that don't portray her as a lonely albeit privileged spinster. Fortunately, she looks nothing of the sort in her latest editorial for British Harper's Bazaar. In the April issue, the actress discusses her love of British humor, the power of women, and her respect for Drew Barrymore. Here are a few excerpts:
On her love of British comedy: “I so love the British sense of humour – I was obsessed with Benny Hill and Monty Python as a child. Oh my god, and I am so hooked on Ricky Gervais.”

On her fans being upset by her racy roles: “With Derailed [a dark action thriller opposite Clive Owen], I loved being racy. Love it…But people couldn’t cope with me being involved in rape and murder.”

On her rebirth: “The last five years have been about spring cleaning for me. Now it’s time for my rebirth. I love trying new things. I can’t just be put in a box.”

On the power of women: “I grew up admiring strong women like journalist Barbara Walters and super-agent Sue Mengers, who represented Ali McGraw. But now look where we’ve got to as women. We’ve had a woman run for President. There is nothing like our power.”

On botox: “I could do it, and I mean these lines are getting deeper every day, but when I tell you what’s happened to me – these lines are just about living. Look I eat really well and I work out, but I also indulge when I want to. I don’t starve myself in an extremist way. You’re not taking away my coffee or my dairy or my glass of wine because I’d be devastated. My advice: just stop eating shit every day.”

On her fellow Hollywood leading ladies: “I love what Drew Barrymore is doing with directing. It’s so much about a rebirth for her, and I love it when people are living in the now, like her. I hate it when people look back and regret what they haven’t got. That’s how I feel about my own life now. And my God, let’s talk about how much I love Demi Moore as well. What kind of Kool-Aid is she drinking?”

On the launch of her new fragrance, Lolavie: “I’d been asked to put my name to many [fragrances], but I wanted to be involved in the process, from the initial idea of the scent to the ad campaign with Mario Sorrenti.”

4 comments:

Lady Mel said...

Over her. No talent AT ALL.

Carsi said...

I feel like the media never lets her move on and even worse she kinda doesn't stop them. She really should consider some more roles that we wouldn't expect her to do.

Miss_Scarlett said...

i like this woman everyday more, tam aniston all the way! :) and she looks beautiful here, i wish she and gerard butler were a couple for real.

gant watch said...

I love her! But she never seems to get a break from the press!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet