Thursday, April 15, 2010

Scarlett Johansson Talks Inspiration and Beauty with "In Style"

Photobucket
Again, I appologize for the lack of posts lately. I have been a busy little beaver, but that is no excuse for my absence. Luckily, I have an incredible post lined up for you featuring my favorite girl in the entire world, Scarlett Johansson. My girl crush is all up in the latest issue of "In Style" magazine, dishing the deets on her new role as The Black Widow in Iron Man 2. While she's at it, ScarJo also discusses her deal with Dolce & Gabanna, her love of musicals, and her affinity for vintage attire. Most notably, the beautiful blonde lets us in on what she finds inspiring. Ironic, since one of my biggest inspirations is Scarlett. So what gets homegirl's engines reving? Read below to find out!
Her "Iron Man 2" character, The Black Widow: "She is just so incredibly confident and you have to be like that to be ambitious and successful. You have to trust in yourself and your ability, and challenge yourself. And you have to sell it-if you don't believe it, then nobody's gonna buy it."
Dolce & Gabbana: "They're very sweet. They asked me to be the face of their makeup line. Such a fun and glamorous thing-how could I say no to that? I've worn their clothes forever and I love makeup."
Vintage Silhouettes: "I like that whole Old Hollywood thing. The 40's and 50's shapes are timeless. Those periods really work on me. They're my idea of glamour. It is funny that "bombshell" was a label that was put on me. But of course, I've played into it with photoshoots and advertising. I thought, Why the hell not? You know why not take it and run with it?
Classic Musicals: "I loved all the Broadway shows my mom took us to and I loved movie musicals. Judy Garland's, Rodger's and Hammerstein's, and all those over-the-top ones from the 60's. They were so imaginative. They just don't make them like that anymore. Watching those movies was such a part of my childhood, I feel sentimental for a time I never lived through.



1 comments:

AH said...

thanks for posting! love her!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie and Buildings by Antoine Mallet